Last night we loaded up the final box, and turned over the keys to our home on Charleston Lane to a new family. You can imagine it was a bitter-sweet evening. It took longer than we expected because we wanted to leave the house in better shape than we found it. Even the kids helped pitch in. Afterwards, we gathered in the den and prayed. We thanked the Lord for the blessing this home has been and we blessed the new family coming in.
We have so many wonderful memories in this home. Here is our top ten favorites (in no particular order)
- Chase’s Birth
- Reijah & Jenna baking in the kitchen (followed by Daniel, Caden and Chase consuming)
- Christmas Time!!! It was always a winter wonderland (In particular the year we surprised the kids with a polar express train set around the tree, complete with their own punched tickets)
- Friday Night Movies in the Entertainment Room
- Friends and Family Visits around the dining table (Especially that first Thanksgiving)
- The Pool, Clubhouse and the Parks
- Amazing Neighbors – First time we truly got to build relationships
- Sipping Coffee On the Balcony
- My Office downstairs… Oh the prayers and tears that soaked that room!
- Pillow Fights in the Hallway
Yes, a house is just a house, but a home is something special. This place was certainly special to us.
I wrote in Trail of Fire, “Sacrifice is the fuel upon which the fires of revival are built.” Well, the Norris tribe has thrown some new logs upon the flames!
Leonard Ravenhill often said, “The reason we remain without revival, is because we are content to remain with out revival.” It is true. You can be comfortable or you can contend, but you can’t do both. The Norris’ have chosen to contend!
Now that this last chapter is closed, we look forward to the next! I truly believe this is just our part of a greater appeal to heaven that many are beginning to make across this great land. We are willing to do our part knowing that God will surely do His!
The next step in this journey is to get the family repositioned on the east coast and to find that “house on wheels”.
Thanks for following along! Let’s Spread This Fire!